Ganiyat Adeniji For Black Girl Vitamins
Thanksgiving is a time to celebrate with friends and family and enjoy a delicious feast. But that doesn't mean you have to compromise on your health or nutrition goals. To stay healthy while enjoying Thanksgiving, you need to maintain a balance between flavor and nutrition. To achieve this, you should:
- Choose lean protein sources, like turkey breast, and avoid excess skin and gravy. Turkey is a good source of protein, iron, zinc, and B vitamins.
- Make your cranberry sauce with fresh or frozen cranberries, and sweeten it with natural sweeteners, like maple syrup or stevia. Cranberries are rich in antioxidants, vitamin C, and fiber.
- Roast or steaming your vegetables, instead of frying or baking them with butter and cheese. You can also add herbs, spices, lemon juice, or vinegar for extra flavor. Vegetables provide vitamins, minerals, phytochemicals, and fiber.
- Replacing some or all of the white potatoes with cauliflower, sweet potatoes, or turnips for your mashed or casserole dishes. These alternatives are lower in carbs and higher in nutrients, such as vitamin A, vitamin C, and potassium.
- Use almond flour, coconut flour, or flaxseed meal for your baked goods, instead of regular baking or wheat flour. These flours are gluten-free, low-carb, and high in healthy fats and fiber.
- Take vitamin supplements like the Black Girl Vitamins Gut Health Essential to reduce the risk of constipation, improve digestion, and retain a trimmer waistline. Also, the BGV Energy Bundle, which is the combo of Vitamins B12, D3, and Iron gummies will help you combat the holiday fatigue and keep you actively involved in all Thanksgiving activities while enjoying tireless time with your friends and family.
- Enjoy a small slice of pie or cake, or opt for a lighter dessert, like baked apples, fruit salad, or yogurt parfait. You can also use whipped cream, cream cheese, or Greek yogurt for your toppings, instead of ice cream or custard. Desserts can satisfy your sweet tooth, but moderation is key. With one scoop of Black Girl Vitamin Collagen powder, you can prepare your favorite treats while staying healthy. Here are some Thanksgiving recipes:
- ½ medium frozen mango
- 1 banana
- 1 small-sized ginger (peeled)
- 1 scoop of Black Girl Vitamin Collagen powder
- Blend all ingredients in a smoothie blender, Serve and sip with straw
- Benefits- Ease joint pain and stiffness. Also helps reduce wrinkles.
Dessert- Banana Bread
- 3 very ripe bananas, (medium/large)
- ½ cup unsalted butter, (8 Tbsp) at room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 ½ cups all almond flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a bread loaf pan. Lightly roast walnuts on a skillet, continuously stirring so they won’t burn. Coarsely chop and cool to room temperature.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together 8 Tbsp softened butter and 3/4 cup sugar (or honey if using honey).
Mash bananas with a fork until the consistency of chunky applesauce and add them to the batter along with 2 eggs, mix until well blended.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together: 1 1/2 cups of flour, 1 tsp of baking soda and 1/2 tsp of salt then add to batter.
- Add 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract and mix in chopped walnuts. Pour into the prepared loaf pan. Bake at 350˚F for 55-60 min or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let banana bread rest for 10 min before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
- 2 teaspoons of tart cherry juice
- 1 scoop of BGV Collagen Powder
- ½ cup of Kombucha
- 1 teaspoon of lemonade
- Crushed ice
- Mix 2 teaspoons of tart cherry juice, 1 scoop of BGV Collagen Powder, and some hot/warm water in a cup.
- Add ½ cup of Kombucha, 1 teaspoon of lemonade, and some crushed ice.
- Shake or stir and serve.
(Add dry alcohol of your choice for a Cocktail)
- 16 lb turkey, thawed
For Seasoned Butter
- 1 stick butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon chicken seasoning
- 1 scoop of BGV Collagen Powder
- 1-gallon buttermilk
- 1 chopped white onion 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 6 crushed cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoon chicken seasoning
- 8 tablespoons salt
For Inside Cavity
- 1 apple
- 1 orange
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 scoop of BGV Collagen Powder
- Combine the brine ingredients in a large bowl.
- Place the washed turkey into an oven-roasting bag and pour in the brine.
- Mix the buttermilk brine with the turkey and marinate in the refrigerator overnight
- Preheat Oven to 325
- Rinse the brine of the turkey and pat dry with a paper towel
- Rub the turkey cavity with a combined salt, pepper, and the BGV Collagen Powder, then stuff it with apple and orange.
- Combine all of the seasoned butter ingredients then brush this butter mixture generously onto the turkey, until covered with butter.
- Place turkey in a roasting pan, breast side up, and bake uncovered for 3 hours and 45 minutes to 4 hours.
- Remove the apple and orange in the last 45 minutes and cover with foil.
- Remove from Oven and let it rest for about 15-20 minutes.
Sweet Potato Vegan Salad
- 2 sweet potatoes boiled and cubed
- 4 Yukon potatoes boiled and cubed
- 1/2 cup vegan mayo l use Just Mayo
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2-1 teaspoon salt
- 1 scoop BGV Collagen Powder
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 6 tablespoons dill relish
- 1/4 cup white onions diced
- Peel and cube the potatoes, then place them into a mixing bowl.
- In another bowl combine the vegan mayo, collagen, celery seed, salt, mustard, dill relish, and onions and stir well.
- Pour the mayo mix over the potatoes, and stir well to coat.
- Season to taste with more salt if necessary.
- Serve immediately OR set it in the fridge to let the flavors marry for at least one hour.
Overnight is ideal!
How Can You Enjoy the Feast Without Overindulging?
After preparing a healthy feast, try portion control. This means controlling how much food you eat by paying attention to the size and quantity of each food type. Portion control can help you avoid overeating by allowing you to enjoy a variety of meals without consuming too many calories, fat, sugar, or sodium.
Fill half of your plate with non-starchy vegetables rich in fiber, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, such as leafy greens, mushrooms, cauliflower, or Brussels sprouts. Reserve a quarter of your plate for lean protein, such as turkey, shrimp, lentils, or tofu. Protein helps build and repair your muscles, organs, and immune system. Use the remaining quarter of your plate for starches, such as bread, stuffing, rice, quinoa, potatoes, corn, or sweet potato casserole. Use smaller plates, bowls, and utensils to help you control your portions. Plan for leftovers to reduce the chance of overeating. Drink plenty of water before and during your meal. Water helps you stay hydrated, aids digestion, and prevents overeating.
Enjoy your favorite desserts, but limit yourself to one or two small slices or scoops. Desserts are often high in calories, fat, and sugar, and can quickly undo your efforts to eat healthily. Also prepare your desserts with a scoop of BGV Collagen Powder for improved gut health & digestion, skin with Fewer fine lines and wrinkles, and better joint movement & flexibility. Also, eat slowly and mindfully. This will allow you to appreciate the flavors, textures, and aromas of your food, and also help you recognize when you are full and satisfied. Eating too fast can lead to overeating, indigestion, and discomfort.
As you enjoy the company of your loved ones, make your Thanksgiving more meaningful and memorable by eating healthily. Remember, Thanksgiving is not just about food, but gratitude, celebration, and connection.
If you try any of the listed recipes, upload a picture or a short video on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, or TikTok! Hashtag them #blackgirlvitamins and #recipewithblackgirlvitamins